WW2Aaron91

Hello everyone,

My name is Aaron and I am 28 years old. I was born and bred in Gloucestershire but recently moved over the border to South Wales but still travel back to my home County or at least did under Covid-19 changed that recently and will start travelling back sometime soon.

my main area of interest the Second World War and I have been researching for the past 2 years my home County during this period and have been working on a number of projects to locate, promote and preserve this history and my research.

Thank you for allowing me to join this Forum. It will definitely help me with some of my research. 

22 minutes ago, Rootes75 said:

The Glorious Glosters, lots of history.

You will find plenty of wise heads on the forum.

Thank you kindly, I am interested in all aspects of Gloucestershire’s wartime history and heritage including the wartime manufacturing of Gloucestershire including local Churchill Tanks, “whale” sections for Mulberry Harbour and aircraft from the Gloster Aircraft Company.

57 minutes ago, Rootes75 said:

Very similar thoughts with us here, Somerset born and bred and very keen on its heritage especially wartime.

I am currently very interested in Pillboxes and the stop line which runs through our village.

Indeed, I know what you mean, I have been plotting Pillboxes, Civil Defences and other aspects of local wartime history and heritage from the war on a Google Earth Map which I am hoping to be able to upload to a website I am working on.

• Like 1