Austn Champ restoration

tankdiver

Some time ago I purchased an Austin Champ for spares. After a full inspection the floors,lower panels, arches were needing  a total reconstruction .The chassis was in good condition and the engine ran so I decided to repair  it as a last project , to take  2or 3 years. I am in the second year and have completed the  floors in  heavy 16 gauge  steel mad new body panels in 18  gauge steel rather than the thinner 20 gauge steel.  I have been surprised several times  on the condition of the mechanics  as the body was   extremely poor and the vehicle looked a dog.

The fuel tank was like new  suspension , steering etc were  good and easy  to restore only requiring rubber gaiters  The rear axle  I replaced the crown wheel and pinion with a  modern one having a better grade steel .

At present the underbody suspensions,  diffs,  steering , new brake shoe and cylinders have been done .  A new brake master  cylinder  and brake pipes are to be fitted then internal work electrics and body work to be completed. I will attach more picture and updates as it progresses 

DSCF3265.JPG

DSCF3269.JPG

DSCF3265.JPG

DSCF4952.JPG

DSCF4953.JPG

DSCF4951.JPG

DSCF4957.JPG

DSCF4958.JPG

DSCF4959.JPG

DSCF4960.JPG

• Like 6

• 3 years later...