Jeep Wanted

graffiti

Hi all,

Am looking for a good Hotchkiss or similar, must be mechanically sound, solid and original, I’m based in Liverpool so hopefully someone is thinking of parting with theirs.

Please pm or email me if you have anything or know of anyone who wants to sell one, don't mind recommissioning work but nothing too major.

Nick

Edited by graffiti
updating ad

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

cheers Jerry, I agree that prices seem to have crept up but question how many actually get their asking price as they seem to be for sale for a very long time!

Decent ones at reasonable prices do come up so it’s a a question of biding time and being patient by the look of it.. and trying to be quick off the mark when one does come up... or even better and get the heads up on one before it gets to market...😁

51 minutes ago, Pete Ashby said:

Just come onto Milweb no connection with the seller https://www.milweb.net/classifieds/view_large.php?ad=97940&cat=13

Pete

For that sort of money, I would expect it to come with Canvas Tilt & supporting framework!  Also has ONLY one Civy Windscreen wiper!...There is a chap called Robert Uren who buys & sells a LOT of Jeeps on Milweb. & has his own webpage. Realistic prices too. There is a contact phone number on his page. He offers to talk about anything you wish to. That is Jeep related.

I have personally never had contact with this Gentleman. & no connection whatsoever. But it might be worth your while giving him a call perhaps? It will only cost you the cost of a call, & who knows? It may well yield the result you are looking for?

• 3 weeks later...

Your time to be a Jeep Owner may well come soon?......

After the PMs announcement to ban New Car Sales in the near Future. A lot of People will panic & Dump classic & restored Ex Military Vehicles on the Market.

I experienced this recently myself. I was in the Middle of negotiations with a seller over an Iltis. It came down Two & a Half Grand from his original asking price. The deal was verbally (Email) agreed upon. But when I asked for photo's of the vehicle underneath. Which I felt was entirely reasonable for a 4X4 Vehicle. Which picks up Mud etc underneath. & flings it into nooks & crannies that could hide rust etc.  He later came back to Me & cancelled the deal. As He couldn't be bothered to do this!....

The vehicle ended up for a while on 'That' auction site & the price came down twice to a VERY ,VERY reasonable level! it was also on Make me an offer, which I was just going to do. & He panicked! The auction suddenly ended, as another interested party got in before Me. Made him an offer which He accepted, But marked it down as withdrawn from Auction. 'As there was an 'Error' in the Listing'!...…..Greed cost Him a small fortune!.....

So you may very well pick up a Jeep in the not too distant? Just Hang in there! ;)

Hope fully there's one in sight, just spoke to a chap who apparently bought an MB in 2006 with view to stripping down repaint (in gloss!!!!!) as something to do in retirement .... BUT  he never retired and realistically won't get round to doing it now.

I won't have full details for a couple of months (I can wait that long!) but gather it's still a 6v, could do with rewiring (don't know why?) and wings bolting on as he had some engine work done when he got it... Tub solid, tyres were new I'm told.

Hopefully he won't want silly money for it as I'd have to ship it out to get the wiring done, and then give it a bit of basic recommissioning to get it up and running again....

Keeping my fingers crossed.... 

• Like 1

don't hang about if you are after one just buy it as the next person to find it will snap it up wiring up a jeep is easy with the kits they tell you were fit them and I can help if you get in a mess why don't you come to the work shop and take a look at one striped down you will get a better idea that way give me a ring will be about Sunday morning this is how I get them from this to this  

1 just picked it up.jpg

39.JPG

I’d go for it as well. I bought mine with no brakes, no electrics and I managed to restore it in my garage.

As Jerry says, the wiring kits are a sinch to install

I’m sure there’s lots of help on here and other forums if you need it

• 4 weeks later...

just an update, I spoke to this chap again today and he’s going to let me know what he decides on Sunday as well as price. I knew about the rewiring it needs but it also needs an engine bearing replacing as well apparently!

Not sure how big a job that is as I suspect anyone doing it will also want to replace other things while they’re at it which I’ll have to factor into my budget and then assess viability. He has a spare engine (why?) that will be included in sale price together with lots of other spare bits he’s amasses since he bought it in 2006 then garaged it.....

If price is right and it leaves me room to outsource the major work then I’ll go and see it next week all being well and take some pics.

It’s a Willys chassis but Ford body and he says registered as a Ford which surprised me as V5’s are based on Chassis and engine numbers I always thought.. unless WW2 jeeps are different???

More later..

Edited by graffiti