Off on Hols

Markheliops

Hi all.

Off on holiday Monday for a week away. :-D

Me and she who must be obeyed are off to -

BULGARIA. !

Wonder who suggested that location. :whistle:

Whilst there, I shall attempted to point out to her the dangers of laying in the sun all day, in a crafty attempted to sneak off and get some pictures and info of the WWII German armour, as reported on the front page.

I shall also keep a look out for any other green machines.

Shall report back on my return.

I shall miss you all terribly and rest assured you will all be in my thoughts. :tongue:

Markheliops

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

Back from Bulgaria.

Pee'd off. :banghead:

Only green machine I came across was a Gaz doing an off road tour.

Wanted to check out the World War II armoured story but it would have been a 12 hour round trip and there was no way "she who must be obeyed" was going to agree to that one.

Weather was pants but still had a good time.

Anyway, good to be back amongst the green machines and now planning the way forward with the Ward repairs.

Markheliops

yes, but with my experience, an awful lot of work , sweat, swearing etc can be summed up by manual writers into very few words, with phrases like 'withdraw from the vehicle' etc, which don't show at all what a pig the job might be. We're still trying to refit a coach radiator, which took a day and a half to remove with alot of head scratching, several deep hand cuts and a few bumped heads :-)

I am under no illusions about the seemingly easy task, being an ex bus engineer and current train engineer. I used to own 2 Matadors and had removed and replaced both axles on the first to replace the springs, and removed and replaced the front axle on the second (to fit an engine) by myself.

Ward LaFrance bogie.....easy..... :shake

Well done Vince - I like the way you work.

It's a great idea for you to attempted to remove Mikes bogie assembly before you do mine.

That way - all the mistakes are made on the tall one's WLF and mine should be done without any bother at all.

Cigar for the young man under the WLF. :-D

Markheliops