WANTED: DAFF T244 Parts

mjom89

On 14 December 2017 at 8:06 PM, mjom89 said:

I am a new owner so will be looking for a reasonably priced and good quality part supplier. I am after the below so far:

* alternator

* air tank drain valves 

* aux air line connections for tyre pump

* cab tilt handle

The jack handle is used to tilt the cab, so if you have the correct jack you are sorted, alternatively the handle of a cheap 2 tonne trolley jack also fits the cab pump.

The auxiliary air line connector is a tap with a threaded end located on the right hand chassis rail above the spare wheel, if you have the tap I have a N.O.S. Inflator hose available p.m. me if you are interested.

I'm rather surprised that you need air tank drain valves as they don't wear out and very rarely get damaged, they work by pushing them to one side, don't try to pull them downwards.

There is a full set of Leyland Daf manuals including Operators Manual and Parts List available for free download, I think they on Overlander.com, but a search for Leyland Daf 4x4 manuals will find them.

One air tank drain valve was leaking badly but it has been “fixed” with a fitting and a welded cap for the time being!

The alternator is just about sorted now and I will take a look online for the original jack. For the time being I am using a metal bar that fits the pump.

I plan to add the standard air line quick release valve to the air tap on the right chassis rail but just need to find the correct fittings.