Cold War Orbat - 6th Armoured Division

Old Git

I use The British Army in Germany (BAOR and after) An Organizational History, 1947-2004 by Graham Watson and Richard Ronaldi, Tiger Lily Productions LLC for ORBAT.com 2005.

That shows 6 Armd Div to have been supported, from November 1952, by 27 Field Engineer Regiment based in St George's Barracks, Minden with 1, 25 and 28 Field Squadrons and 44 Field Park Squadron under command.  According to Staff Duties in the Field, 41 on a blue ground was indeed the AOS marking for the field engineer regiment.  According to Dick Taylor's Warpaint, Vol 3, 41 was used by a fd engr sqn, rather than regt, in a WWII armd div.

10 68

Thanks for the input, useful stuff indeed. As far as I can tell, during WWII, 41 ( as related to 6th Armoured Division, was either 5th or 8th Fd Sqn RE (still trying to figure out which). I shall now have a dig around on 27th Fd Eng Reg to see what I can turn up.

EDIT: the following confirms your info :-)

http://british-army-units1945on.co.uk/royal-engineers/regiments---major-units/27-regiment.html

Edited by Old Git