Help Please !!

JEMIMA

Can anyone help me ?

Im trying to replicate the vehicle below - but im stumped when it comes to markings - im guessing it was part of the USO, im also guessing it may have had ASCZ on the front and rear.....but can anyone confirm or tell me what it should have / be ?

Im also thinking as a mobile broadcasting unit it will have an "S" on the hood number as well......

as you can see from the only picture I have , theres not a lot to be gained from looking at the side........

Im happy to have a little "artistic variation" as the picture refers to a truck In the pacific and im looking at the European theatre of War......

any ideas much appreciated.....

Blog_No_WW2-072 - Copy.jpg

Edited by JEMIMA
spelling mistake!!

Yes , and I would imagine if its a mobile broadcasting unit, and with the twin aerials on the back it would need to be supressed so eliminate interference with the radios? - as I said - its needle in a haystack as I cant find anything to assist my research on the internet......so I think is should have an" S "preceding the hood serial number.......?

Yes - it seemed a good idea at the time - im sure I will get there in the end - but it never hurts to ask for help and advice!

- I've trawled through hundreds and hundreds of photographs and various sites and can find nothing more about this vehicle - I found out about the airfield, its name, its usage and history - and I've found out lots about the USO program - but this is a mystery !!

Do you know about Wavescan?

2 examples of the 10 articles on Guam radio:-

http://www.ontheshortwaves.com/Wavescan/wavescan160313.html

http://www.ontheshortwaves.com/Wavescan/wavescan160131.html

It maybe worth you contacting one of the co-producers of the site because on the home page they say "Our purpose is to help DXers, collectors, researchers and others discover and enjoy the history of shortwave broadcasting."