Czech uniforms and kit

ArtistsRifles

With the imminent arival of the OT-90 thoughts turn to the correct attire for the vehicle/era. Anyone got any pointers on the correct uniform and equipment for the Czech Rifle Regiments of the Seventies??

Also the kind of kit carried on these vehicles??

Thanks all.

• 4 weeks later...

I can put you in touch with an ex Czech army officer who is an editor of a MV mag there. His name is Martin Koller. He is an amazing bloke - mad, but likeable in spades. He walked round Beltring in sand coloured trousers and white trainers and didn;t have a speck of mud on him - he put it down to "Superior Czech army training"!!!!

MB

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still no word. Will try again. Martin is a good bloke. It may be that you'll have to meet him in the flesh. Next stop Beltring, Long wait, but he's a decent chap and I reckon he'll help you. Mean time i'll send him another email. Have you thought of asking the WP re-enactor bunch? There are Bulgarians, Romanians and Osties out there. Funny helmets. One thing you can get are the Czech made PW Russian pattern tin hats that are still turning up in shedloads at shows.

MB

Still no word. Will try again. Martin is a good bloke. It may be that you'll have to meet him in the flesh. Next stop Beltring, Long wait, but he's a decent chap and I reckon he'll help you. Mean time i'll send him another email. Have you thought of asking the WP re-enactor bunch? There are Bulgarians, Romanians and Osties out there. Funny helmets. One thing you can get are the Czech made PW Russian pattern tin hats that are still turning up in shedloads at shows.

MB

No problems Mark - and no rush either. Yesterday was the end of the two week period so between then and next Monday I expect to hear the transit permits to cross Germany have been obtained and thus a confirmed date for when the OT will arrive in the UK. Uniforms etc. will take as long as is required to get, they aren't an essential :-) Unfortunately the tin hats weren't part of the shopping list - not crew items generally speaking. Boots, cammo trousers & jackets, shirts, beret's and leather helmets/headsets were the norm - so I'm told - for the crews of these vehicle

I managed to get the three crew helmets with (allegedly) working ear-pieces and throat mikes off eBay for £14 each..... Should arrive at about the same time as the vehicle!!

• 2 months later...

Hi,

what are you looking for?

Radek, from Czech Rep. :coffee2:

With the imminent arival of the OT-90 thoughts turn to the correct attire for the vehicle/era. Anyone got any pointers on the correct uniform and equipment for the Czech Rifle Regiments of the Seventies??

Also the kind of kit carried on these vehicles??

Thanks all.

Hi,

give me your sizes (waist, high, boots, ...) Would you like combat or dress uniforms, which rank?

I will give you prices, if you will agree, I will buy it.

http://panzermodelkit.valka.cz/ot90m2cz.htm

http://forum.valka.cz/viewtopic.php/t/13257

http://www.klub-vm.eu/clanky/technika-muzea

http://www.csla.cz/technika/transportery.htm

Radek

Thanks Radek. Basically I'm looking for everything - except the radio aerials.