Dodge WC51 Weapons Carrier.

DFC1943Fl.Lt.

Hi go to a site called internet archive and search TM 9-808 you can view and save the manual for free.

Hope this helps.

Alan

Thanks Alan will have a look at that one. I don't have any issues at the moment but want to be ready if anything happens. It's just been to a couple of remembrance services this weekend and will now be laid up for the winter but would like to get to know the basics of the WC51 with regards to the servicing of it. Only had it 2 weeks and know nothing about them.

This is a great site, I've a 1942 WC51 and am lucky enough to have the original manual for it but didn't want to get it covered in grease.

I down loaded the manual from here and print the pages I need laminate them and use them, no damage to the original and I have a wipe clean copy to use and keep.

All the best

Alan

This is a great site, I've a 1942 WC51 and am lucky enough to have the original manual for it but didn't want to get it covered in grease.

I down loaded the manual from here and print the pages I need laminate them and use them, no damage to the original and I have a wipe clean copy to use and keep.

All the best

Alan

Sounds a good site. I notice that your in Hertfordshire, have you been to the 398th Bomb Group airfield at Nuthamstead? I am a member on their site on Facebook and am planning on going over there with my Dodge as it's badged up to the 398th BG 603sq. Are you anywhere near there?.

It would be just for a ride out. My late Mother in Law used to date a young airman who was stationed there during 1944 to 45. That's the reason the WC51 is badged up to the bomb group. There is a guy who I have been in contact with, from their site on Facebook who has helped in trying to find out who he was. He said he would like to meet up over there as he has a WW2 jeep which is dedicated to the BG and said he has found loads of 50cal. shells and stuff which he would share with me if I wanted any. I have only just got into WW2 vehicles as I have already got a military land rover 109 and a very early Mk1 Armoured Ferret Scout Car.

I think I still have a set of reprint manuals and parts book covering the 3/4ton 4*4 and 11/2ton 6*6.

sold my dodges years ago so no use to me just need to find them.

Peter.

Hi Peter, If you do manage to find them can I have first refusal on them. Let me know how much you want for them.

Cheers Steve.