Ferret hull plate

ch5993

Hi Chris, according to the sheet of data I have it puts your ferret as being built in 1951 the same as mine. It states that there were 592 Mk1's built with hull numbers ranging from 7-599. The registrations start at 32BA81 and carry through to 38BA73.

So with mine being hull number 119 with the reg. being 33BA93, not sure how it works but yours could be 33BA71. I dare say someone with a bit more knowledge of how they arrived at these registrations will come to the rescue. All I did was to take my hull number and minus yours which was 119 - 97 =22. Then take my reg. 33BA93 take away the 22 from the 93 to arrive at 71. I could turn out to be totally wrong but looking at it logically this is how I arrived at 33BA71.

Steve.

Thanks Steve that seems logical, although it doesn't quite match with what I think is the manufacture date.

i don't think Ferret Heaven exists anymore, although there is a site called FV701 which has a list, but it's by VRN not hull number, so I can't use that as a start point.

suspect the next step is Bovy.