Operation Bolero.

Not sure how you sum up this weekend. How do you sum up P-51 Mustangs, a B-17, god knows how many airfields, being driven around a heavy bomber airbase on the back of a Sherman, the awesome sites of a major convoy through the Suffolk countryside, being amongst some of best restored vehicles I have seen, being part of the best event I have attended, being at the HMVF knees up and the best part - being amongst some of the finest company I have met.

I will do a full report for the front page and will upload the images to.

For the record - the team that put this together should be the inspiration for the others who organise events, this to me wasn't a show or even an event - it was an experience.

...to be continued.

... but Bolero made me want to move on to something older.

Dont know wot the wife will have to say about that, Snaps.

And isnt it usually something younger? :-D :flower:

Couldnt agree more about Bolero, Jack. Would have been nice to get my knees up with you all but the sight wouldnt have been very pleasant...

Couldnt agree more about Bolero, Jack. Would have been nice to get my knees up with you all but the sight wouldnt have been very pleasant...

I reckon you may of brought some grace to the table......it was all going well until Steve C got the rum out :| that would of been ok but we had already polished off a crate of Dutch beer, bitter and larger and wine and I if I can remember rightly, Mrs R Cubed was on the brandy :whistle:

Great stories were told that night and as the saying goes - " what goes on on tour stays on tour" :whistle: ;-)

Oh My.

The Tetlys may be smooth but the Beckets look decidedly rough.......(sorry guys)

:whistle:

Did no one think to keep them on the Horlicks :dunno:

...many thanks Sue :evil: and forgot that Clive brought a bag of doughnuts in at about 02:00....they went down nicely on top of the beer :|

I met someone the next day who said that they could here us all in there and that she wanted to join all of the fun - but her husband said no, we have a long day tomorrow and it is safe to say that she was the other side of 60 - way to go!

Contrary to believe - Mrs HMVF was NOT found a sleep in a ditch.

No.......this is Jack the morning after.......................... :beer:

width=640 height=480http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q137/MrsHardyferret/Odds/JackHungover.jpg[/img]

Thank you Bridie :-D

LMFAO - SHE IS SO GOING TO GET IT WHEN I GET HOME - IS THIS THE WORK OF HF AGAIN - ONE OF THESE DAYS I AM GOING TO HAVE

WHAT THE HELL HAS A MAN GOT TO DO AROUND HERE TO GET A BREAK

Sorry dad! I couldnt resist! Your lucky that i dont know how to upload the video as well!! :-D

Thanks mr and mrs hardyeferret!

Bridie ;-)

Thats alright love. now GET TO YOUR ROOM

The may be some bannings going here in the near future.

The names in my little black book at the moment are:

Mr Bodge Deep (on his 3rd written warning)

Mr & Mrs HF (need to action this one as quickly as possible)

Miss Bridie Beckett (normanly a model daughter but I can see that she is being lead a stray by the above names - she is being monitored)

Message ends.