Military Mayhem August Bank Holiday Weekend 25,26,27th August 2007

Military Mayhem 2007

This show is on the August Bank Holiday as a direct replacement to the Stoneleigh Town and Country Show, as a private organisation has taken over the running of the show and it is no longer on, they seem to have alienated most of the stall holders and have put in place too many restrictions causing problems to all who display, especially those who travelled long distances as they were not allowed to leave until late in the evening.

As a result the Birmingham and West Midlands Mvt branch have organised their own show nearby.

Military Mayhem 2007 has been organised as the first annual event of our group. The Show is to be held at Five Ways Lakes, Wolvey which is 2 miles fron the J2 of the M6/M69 junction giving us a central location, with Coventry, Nuneaton, Leicester, Nottingham and Birmingham within short distances of the show. We were aware that there was no major show in the Midlands and we hope this annual event will become the one.

We are overjoyed with the response we have had so far with near 100 vehicles already booked in! There is a vast range from tanks like the Valentine DD owned by John Pearson and T55, T34, M18 Hellcat, CVR(T) from Scorpions, Sabres, Samsons and Samaritans. FV432/8 Abbot spgs to a wide range of heavy vehicles Leyland Hippo from the Chairman of the Club! Foden FH70 Limber, Scammells S26, Crusaders, Pioneers, Explorers and Constructor and many WW11 vehicles from Ward la France to Jeeps and a tilly.

Arrivals are from the thursday at noon (23rd) and Saturday at noon Vehicle road runs will be held, to the Coventry Heritage Centre and also the Airport Museum (where the Vulcan Bomber resides) We also have a real Harrier Jump Jet on static display, movie cinema, a wide selection of stall holders with militaria and parts, a re-enactors battle is planned and car crushing!

This show is being organised by enthusiasts for the enthusiasts so come and have a good time with no restrictions on entry and departure times!

For an entry form or more information contact:-

militarymayhem@hotmail.co.uk

The Bedford Boys and the Militant Men will be in attendance!!! :dancinggirls:

Having a foot in both camps (Oooh errr, no missus!!) I don't know what I will be bringing!! Could be the first outing for the Militant :banana: :banana:

Anyway I'm sure it's going to be a great show!!!! How many traders we got coming M.C.?

• 1 month later...

No, not H&S, although the costly requirements did not help. It was just a gap between costs for things still to be arranged/paid and the expected takings. We had more financial risk (ie not enough up front sponsors) that meant we needed more public through the door than we could resonably expect, which would leave a large loss we could not cover. Efforts were made to find someone else to fund it (and keep the takings) but without success.

You have no idea how sad we are to have to do this but we do not have the resources to cover such a possible/probable loss.The decision to cancel was a much regretted but vitually unanimous decision of the local MVT area that was trying to put it on.

The MVT were in fact very supportive and gave several thousand pounds as a loan to set it up so we certainly could have gone ahead but loans have to be paid back and we were the sole people taking the risk if the event was rained off or poorly supported by the public. If the set up costs are covered by other supporters and it is a disaster then all people make a small loss but as we had fixed costs, which we must pay up front with more to arrange and pay for and it is rained off etc then we are stuffed.

I must point out that I was not part of the commitee trying to set it up nor part of the MVT area commitee who decided to cancel (although I certainly agreed with the latter once we knew the true situation). I have just posted this here in the hope that anyone who was thinking of going would not have a wasted trip.