Land Rover Jack

Surveyor

I have the original issued jack for the Land Rover, it has a turning mechanism to raise it, there is a bar which fits into the square socket and a ratchet handle, there appears to be a bit missing to connect the two, does any one have any suggestions.

Would like to try and keep as much as possible as originally issued

If it is the "original" with the Rover 109" or 88" / L'wt - then the norm seems to be a Ern Lake , a double mechanical geared screw + one manual screw lift (I tend to use a hydraulic jack). Also the jack will be branded with the VRM , (almost always I think) , at least mine are but seem to come at times with a jack off another Rover.

From what I have seen the handle is a square length of bar single piece with a eye to house a timber handle

This tree wood is readily available as Rover No. 543301 , or go on eBay as there are repro out of a nice bit of Ash or other hardwood. I understand this is CES kit , BUT - I have never had one , in any case there is proper stowage for the jack handle but not this bit of timber , perhaps they are used for starting the camp fire ??

In the alternative , and my experience is dozens , not hundreds or thousands - you get the same square bar but socketed twin piece with a pin on a chain to secure. With this you get a metal handle with a crank bit (like a sythe grip) - I sould be able to photograph this kit - possibly..

Edited by ruxy
spelin

If it is the "original" with the Rover 109" or 88" / L'wt - then the norm seems to be a Ern Lake , I double mechanical crew + one manual screw lift (I tend to use a hydraulic jack). Also the jack will be branded with the VRM , (almost always I think) , at least mine are but seem to come at times with a jack off another Rover.

From what I have seen the handle is a square length of bar single piece with a eye to house a timber handle

This tree wood is readily available as Rover No. 543301 , or go on eBay as there are repro out of a nice bit of Ash or other hardwood. I understand this is CES kit , BUT - I have never had one , in any case there is proper stowage for the jack handle but not this bit of timber , perhaps they are used for starting the camp fire ??

In the alternative , and my experience is dozens , not hundreds or thousands - you get the same square bar but socketed twin piece with a pin on a chain to secure. With this you get a metal handle with a crank bit (like a sythe grip) - I sould be able to photograph this kit - possibly..

I think the ratchet - civvy market spec.