AMX13 restoration about to start.. your help is needed!

Hi

I have just purchased a very sorry looking AMX13. It will need total restoration as has been sat outside for over 20 years (!) Everything is knackered.. It's also been badly vandalised ;-(

Ok do you or anyone else you know, have any AMX parts to help out - or some leads on parts!

I think I'm going to need;

Engine (take out one minimum)

Possibly gearbox

Turret as it has a post war incorrect one.. (very long story that involves it being used in filming in the 80's)

Drivers seat, wiring loom

etc etc etc

Any help gratefully accepted - any leads to some key items at a good price will result in reward! Beer or beer tokens..

I know you will ask for pictures - they will be forth coming - when I retrieve them from my broken I-phone (screen is cracked from dropping hot weld on it!)

For now here's a picture of my latest resto project - an AML90 - that should keep you happy for now..

Anyone notice a french theme here??

Thanks

Baz

(Bristol)13000114_10156860224280204_4315298712902905703_n.jpg

Hi

Firstly the AML is from Israel (after the french army) No sign of argentinian use. It must have had its engine blow at some point as there are layers of baked on engine oil in the hot air outlet. This was probably the end of it. Also the gun seem jammed in full recoil.

I think it was at R&R's yard a good few years ago and was painted as a german vehicle for use in a film.. I know it was in Richard III where it was set alight.

It's in a terrible state.. I need lots of parts and not sure where to get any..

Secondarily I have already spoken to Lys Tout Terrain already. The have a take out engine of unknown quality and that's it. They tried to sell me the diesel version AMX13 they have there, buts its really rough inside and they want top dollar... I'll just have to keep on looking..

Baz

Baz

It could be worth getting in touch with the Falklands. When I was stationed down there about 6 years ago there was somebody doing up the AMX's that had been left. We helped him out with getting some sheet steel into the country as I ran the logistics hub at the time. He had a huge amount of parts for these and not enough hulls for them. Maybe an ad in the Falklands Times will dig something up?