Studebaker M29 Weasel

Armourerdoug

So, having just sold my 3 year rebuild of my USA imported Willys Jeep, I have found a weasel.

Anyone on here good contacts for parts info etc? I have joined the M29c Forum too.

I am in need of the canvas and or the hardware.

I know I haven't been on here much for a few years but film work has been keeping me very busy.

any help is much appreciated

:D

Doug

Engine parts are still available from Studebaker in the USA except for the items which were specific to the Weasel, water pump for example. Some of the European dealers advertise Weasel parts but I have no idea what they have squirreled away. As you have discovered on the M29C forum the canvas hardware is difficult if not impossible to find, I remember it being discussed previously but don't recall the outcome so suggest you search back through the old threads, it's on there somewhere:)

Doug,

I guess I should have replied to your post over on the weasel forum but seeing that I am here, here is a thought. As an interim measure, why not consider having an aftermarket top made similar to Rob Walsh's efforts:

http://forums.m29cweasel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2792&highlight=canvas

The modern materials will most probably better stand up to your climate. I have a NOS top that I will only use for shows as the 65yo canvas is very fragile. As highlighted by many weasel owners, finding an OEM top let alone the take off hardware can be dufficult.

Good luck and cheers

John W.

Doug,

I guess I should have replied to your post over on the weasel forum but seeing that I am here, here is a thought. As an interim measure, why not consider having an aftermarket top made similar to Rob Walsh's efforts:

http://forums.m29cweasel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2792&highlight=canvas

The modern materials will most probably better stand up to your climate. I have a NOS top that I will only use for shows as the 65yo canvas is very fragile. As highlighted by many weasel owners, finding an OEM top let alone the take off hardware can be dufficult.

Good luck and cheers

John W.

Thanks John,

I have just emailed Robert

doug

so you bought it then Doug,guessed you would once the jeep sold,is it back home yet? if you have patterns or drawing I know a good metal man that can make most things for reasonable cost so let me know and I will try to call over in the near future

Nigel

Doug, the hood on my weasel is not made to original pattern so I don't know if the hardware is correct.The top front of the windscreen is original and has a series of hooks to accept a rope which is threaded through eyelets on the front overhang of the hood. The hood is then held to the frame crossbars with flat thin metal hooks which are permanently attached to the hood. I have no idea if these are original but I doubt it so unsure if they are made to pattern. As I rarely fit the frame and hood and they are stored away I can't remember how many hooks and their exact positioning . Sorry I can't take pics as my camera is knackered.:angry