Recommended quarters for the legion on the march

Centurion

Hi all,

One for the Dorset boys

I am hoping to go to the Royal Signals Museum, Blandford Forum in early July to drop off a copy of the of the Old mans war service record, apparently if the Museum wants one they have to buy it from the Army historic service records dept the same as anyone else.

As its a fair trip from Hadrian's Wall I will stay overnight possibly two and fit in the Tank museum while I'm down there. Are there any recommended B and B pubs or small hotels you can think of. Any info appreciated secure parking for a motorcycle would be a bonus

Thanks Centurion

If you don't get a better offer ...

If you come down from God's Country along the M3 and pick up the M27 to head off the way you intend, there are numerous cheap hotels from well-known chains around Southampton to cater for the cruise trade.

There is one such (Travel Lodge I think) on the M27 at the first services (Rownhams) after you join the M27. Next exit is the M271 spur motorway into Southampton: first exit off there is an Express at Holiday Inn, and just off also at that exit is a Travel Inn. As the crow flies these are all within a couple of miles of my house.

I shall be travelling to Bovington on Saturday for the Tank Museum open day and I'll allow a generous hour and a half to get there.