Austin K9 wireless body

armouredfarmer

Hello folks I need some help with my K9 wireless body. the body last had a D11 R230 installation which has been completely stripped out at some point, I now have a completely empty body which I am in the process of re-lining with new hardboard.

First question, can anybody let me have details of the hardboard panel configuration, I can see that there was a hrizontal join at the level of the bottom of the windows from paint residue on the frame., but the rest is not clear.

Second does anyone have pictures or construction details of the battery/stowage locker in the nearside rear corner.

Third, I am going to make up a repro radio table but although the general layout can be worked out from the various radio instalation manuals I have seen the details of its construction are not clear would anyone be able to supply pics or a scketch please?

Finally, anyone got any pics or drawings of the hatch/canvas tube between the body and the cab?

I know its a bit of a list but any help gratefully recived......

Thanks

PT

Hello folks I need some help with my K9 wireless body. the body last had a D11 R230 installation which has been completely stripped out at some point, I now have a completely empty body which I am in the process of re-lining with new hardboard.

First question, can anybody let me have details of the hardboard panel configuration, I can see that there was a hrizontal join at the level of the bottom of the windows from paint residue on the frame., but the rest is not clear.

Second does anyone have pictures or construction details of the battery/stowage locker in the nearside rear corner.

Third, I am going to make up a repro radio table but although the general layout can be worked out from the various radio instalation manuals I have seen the details of its construction are not clear would anyone be able to supply pics or a scketch please?

Finally, anyone got any pics or drawings of the hatch/canvas tube between the body and the cab?

I know its a bit of a list but any help gratefully recived......

Thanks

PT

Could help with all that info. Whereabouts are you? If you're near enough you are welcome to come and measure ours - we've even got an almost complete set of fittings and body furniture for a D11 you could measure up. Short of that , pm your e mail address and I'll forward some piccies

In the Royal Signals museum Blandford Dorset, is an original fully kitted K9 signals truck, the radio body door is open so you can view the interior and radio gear, the Museum is well worth a visit, visitors need to have ID as the museum is inside Blandford Camp

http://www.royalsignalsmuseum.co.uk/

Edited by Nick Johns

Could help with all that info. Whereabouts are you? If you're near enough you are welcome to come and measure ours - we've even got an almost complete set of fittings and body furniture for a D11 you could measure up. Short of that , pm your e mail address and I'll forward some piccies

Thanks, I'm in Northants so Somerset is a bit of a trek for me, if you have pictures that would be great, I'll pm you.