Wireless house body

Carruthers

HI,

This the house body which is a 'hard' body not FFW which is an instalation in a GS truck. The Mk 111 hard different aerial arrangement and a window over the cab tilt. Used by Royal Signals for many uses, and also as an office with a different interior. Single door in the rear, ladder to the left of the door, generator louvres in the rear right and rear side in removable panels. a window high up on each side. Spare wheel mounted on the roof. I have a house dismantled and some info and, most impoortantly, all the internal switches, table, shelves window glass etc, but more pix are needed to get it correct. The truck I want to re-create was used by 2 ASSU in Normandy. Not much info on this mob.....

cheers

Simon

I have a house dismantled and some info and, most impoortantly, all the internal switches, table, shelves window glass etc, but more pix are needed to get it correct.

This sounds like the body along with a Morris Commercial C8 cab chassis that was sold in Kent a few years ago to someone in the Gloucestershire area. That one definitely had the gen compartment louvres.

yup same one. Now located in Norfolk. I understand ther's another body in Holland and poss one in the UK.... The truck is going back together OK but I'd like to biuld the body onto the new truck when I can find one so I'm just gathering info, etc and cleaning all the internal parts, of which there are loads!

I can put of pix up at a later date if anyone's interested but there's plenty of C8 stuff on here already with Rick's project!

Simon

Ok I'll get some pix together. Look pretty well like yours does at the moment Rick but with the cab base in place. The body is apart so I can find some pix of the all the bits spread out on the lawn!! I'm just working on a 'simple' piece - the operators' table. This is made up for angled steel edging with a ply table covered in steel sheet ( all rotten and rusted, with a wooden box slung under and a pullout at the front about 16" wide to locate the morse key. Apart from the ply and steel parts of the actual top, it's all usable. I have a 1942 dated 19 set to go in it although ASSU used Canadian No9 sets (much more power) as this unit got all Canadian radio kit. Interestingly, the Canadian's radio body (on a Chev) looks the same at first glance but was about 2 ft wider and much more comfortable than the British version...

Simon

Hi Hanno,

I underdtand there is a complete one, or that one was being restored and had all the interior etc some time ago.

However, I've seen this pic on the site and didd e-mail the owner about info but never recieved a reply....

It sure looks to me like the correct frame compared to the wrechage, er I mean parts that I've got!!!!

Cheers

Simon

BTW if I go quite for q week it's ocs I'm in Frnace and can't find an internet cafe. I'll take my camera in case there's any interesting stuff to report!!!

• 2 weeks later...

HI Rick,

Back from hols last week. No MVs in barns but I did look pretty hard!!!

Collect truck on monday. I can do a resto photo thing on the proper part of the forum if you're interested, although it may be sporadic as I have to move a Morris 10 car out to get in sprayed before I can move the truck in!! Just loading a WD Royal Enfield engine back into the frame too, so space is limited.... actually what I mean is that I've too many things apart at one time!!

One part that is missing is the MCC sterring wheel centre plate. Any ideas except for e-bay????

cheers

Simon

Steering wheels are like the golden fleece in Jason and the Argonauts. Someone does have a bunch of steering wheels over in Norway NOS, but getting him to arrange payment means and getting them shipped over has been ongoing since february time. Not happening - fast. Yes start a blog on the restoration part of the forum, its always good to see what everyone else is doing, Morris related or otherwise, and post plenty of pictures! Shame you didnt find anything in barns, Ive found a few vehicles in hedges locally Im trying to acquire, of the jeep variety. (See "hedge find") thread in MV Chatter). Nearly bought a Munga, my other half is most impressed-not.