Buying a Bedford

moatmeister

Been posting in the introductions board, and thanks to all who replied, but no one has really answered my question. Is £4500 a reasonable price for an up and running solid and usable Bedford OWL in civvie trim that wouldnt win prizes but certainly wouldnt look out of place at a show these days? I have been out of the vintage commercial scene for a while but I thought it was a bit expensive but thats what it would take to buy it or it stays in its shed. And what would be a "Faire offre raisonnable" for this french truck http://www.leboncoin.fr/utilitaires/876200050.htm?ca=4_s disregarding travel costs?

£4500 nowadays doesn't seem extortionate, it really all depends on condition, usability etc. If it is a good running driving truck and pretty much complete with any mods being reversible and you have done the checks you would do with any old vehicle the rest is up to you.

You say you have been out of the scene for a while ? Things have changed, prices have pretty much risen across the board and as the years go by there are less barn finds out there. People tend to know what things are worth because of the internet and auction sites. It is obviously hard to value a vehicle without seeing it in the flesh so the choice is yours, but have you seen any cheaper ? Were they in as good condition ? If so why didn't you buy them ? The choice is limited but if you're not happy with the price then you can always wait until you find one that ticks all the boxes. You could also try looking at recent auction results that will give you an idea of prices. Good luck.

It realy depends on how much you want to invest ? And how original looking you want to make it , like making a bed for it , and how good is the cab , wheels tires etc . Just a coat of paint doesn`t restore a truck , so maybe you will find a faded more orriginal truck for less money .

Been posting in the introductions board, and thanks to all who replied, but no one has really answered my question. Is £4500 a reasonable price for an up and running solid and usable Bedford OWL in civvie trim that wouldnt win prizes but certainly wouldnt look out of place at a show these days? I have been out of the vintage commercial scene for a while but I thought it was a bit expensive but thats what it would take to buy it or it stays in its shed. And what would be a "Faire offre raisonnable" for this french truck http://www.leboncoin.fr/utilitaires/876200050.htm?ca=4_s disregarding travel costs?

Looks like 5k to me all day long - where would you get another one? - I haven't seen one of these in years and certainly not looking this good, if you want it, I'd advise you go and snap it up before someone else does. Just about everyone I know on the military scene has a "wish I'd bought it at the time" storyline

Looks like 5k to me all day long - where would you get another one? - I haven't seen one of these in years and certainly not looking this good, if you want it, I'd advise you go and snap it up before someone else does. Just about everyone I know on the military scene has a "wish I'd bought it at the time" storyline

Pretty much what I meant when I said have you seen better, if so why didn't you buy it ? The price seems fair subject to inspection. Go for it if it ticks the boxes :-D