Austin K2 - License, taxation requirements

I've been trawling through the requirements for me to drive my soon to be collected lorry, and it's slightly confusing. The vehicle is running and used regularly by the present owner, and kept in good order but it's not MoT'd. Does it fall under the pre-1960 exemption? I have a feeling it is, but want to be sure.

My real area of concern is the driving license required. As I passed my test after 1997, I did not automatically receive C1 as standard, and would need to sit an additional test to gain this. As I interpret the rules, I can drive the lorry with a B license, but some sources say the bed must be unladen, whilst others say goods may be carried, but only for private purposes. Can anyone help me out here? I really don't want to fall foul of the law...

Finally, the present owner has not applied to register the vehicle as historic. Therefore, I'll need to tax it as I would a normal car?

It's pre 1960 so it's mot exempt. Also being pre 1960 you can drive it on your licence but it does need to be unloaded. For the tax you need to get it changed to historic tax class via the DVLA. Probably worth going to the local post office to tax it. Or you can try online and see how it comes up.

Cheers

Ed