Water Wetter

arcot1751

I just wondered if anyone else uses this type of product ? I, like quite a few people had concerns over the temperature my Ford GPW ran at, at the height of summer. I have also heard on several forums that if your radiator has been re-cored as mine has that the capacity is somewhat reduced. Some people stating by as much as two litres ! This cannot help in keeping the temperature down surely ?

Anyway a few years back I started using Water Wetter in my Jeep and it really does work. Last back end I drained my coolant and replaced it ready for winter. This summer I noticed my Jeep running 20 degrees hotter than before. I flushed the rad and block and tried again, same result higher than normal temperature. It never got to boiling point but it was concerning. I was sat discussing it with my wife when she said " Did you use that Wetter stuff " ? That was it, I had not replaced the Water Wetter on draining and changing the anti freeze. I immediately did just that and hey presto normality restored. At least 20 degrees cooler whatever the weather and a much happier driver :D

To all those who think their vehicles temperature is a little high by all means check the obvious stuff liked blocked rad etc but if all is good try this product it really does work. By the way I don't sell the stuff I am just an impressed user of it.:D

A Surfacant! :angel: Showing off a bit. I first heard about these when my son was born premature, there is a substance in the lungs that stops the two sides sticking togther. What the stuff does in a water context is to breack the liqiuds surface tension. It is also used by Fire Services in AFF mixes. Ordinary washing up liquid is a surfacacnt. , but then so is standard Anti Freeze. So waht your doing is making the water more slippery.

A Surfacant! :angel: Showing off a bit. I first heard about these when my son was born premature, there is a substance in the lungs that stops the two sides sticking togther. What the stuff does in a water context is to breack the liqiuds surface tension. It is also used by Fire Services in AFF mixes. Ordinary washing up liquid is a surfacacnt. , but then so is standard Anti Freeze. So waht your doing is making the water more slippery.

Thanks Tony, it certainly works, I can vouch for that :)

I first came across this a few years when I ran an ex club racing zx7rr (motorbike!) for trackdays - being a race bike it has no fan and was overheating whilst waiting in the pit lane, another rider recommended it to me and i bought a couple of bottles but never added it... Have often wondered if it would work in mv's!!