Hello again, this time with a Champ!

rob m

Greetings all,

I've just become the proud, but nervous, owner of Champ 69 BE 99, fresh from a field in Holland, I think. Much more serious proposition than my previous project, series 3 FFR Land Rover 75 KC 83.

For a start it's a non-runner, and has 30 years more rust, muck and mouse sh*t to deal with than the Landy!

Body work seems quite sound - yeah, famous last words - but I have no clue what the mechanicals are like. Managed to start it briefly, and sounded like it was firing on most cylinders.

I need some bits and pieces- spare wheel bracket, jerrican carrier, rear seat base, steering wheel(!) so if anybody could point me in the direction of a possible source I'd be grateful. I've never been to War and Peace - do people think/ know if there's a chance of picking up Champ bits there? otherwise it's a long haul from South Glos

I'll sell the Landy when the show season is over - two more to go - then make a start on the Champ before it gets too cold down the shed. Looking forward to getting the body off.

Now a member of ACOC so looking forward to meeting local Champ owners.

Cheer

Rob