Feeling out of place

Grasshopper

Just been shopping for my ladies birthday present. :knockknock: Decided on some perfume as she had mentioned this would be a good present a while ago. Did feel very odd wandering around and sniffing smelly things, especially as i had just finished work (where i spent much of the day watching aircraft as Biggin Hill air show was only a couple of miles away), and was in some pretty grubby clothes. Strange how all the scents seemed to have a slight overtone of diesel.....and i left a greasy smear on the Estee Lauder counter :whistle:.

A question for the ladies of the forum-I ended up (after smelling lots of things and going back to the first one i tried) getting Chanel No5- Was this a good choice? Its what i imagined my lady should smell like.

:goodidea:

Personally I think Chanel is always a good choice, especially No 5. I should think she will be very pleased, :kissoncheek: and I am ultra impressed that you shopped for yourself and didn't rope in the help of a third party. :bow:

I know that the cosmetics counters of many stores can be a very intimidating place for any one that is not of the Victoria Beckham or Cindy Crawford type.

If himself comes back from France on thursday with a bottle of No5 tucked under his arm for me I would be very happy, :hug: but sadly I am more likely to be presented with some rusting piece of war time hardware that he has dug up from the corner of a field.......... :redfaced:

Dear Mrs. HF,

It takes little initiative to troll up to any perfume counter anywhere in the world and ask for Chanel no.5 but to spend time digging in some farmers turnip field braving the dangers of WW1 & 2 unexploded debris, well that takes dedication and thought. What more can I add ! What more could a girl ask?

PS anyone who can guess why I am on my own then write the reason on a £10 note and give to me at W & P :whistle:

Regards,

John.

:goodidea:

Personally I think Chanel is always a good choice, especially No 5. I should think she will be very pleased, :kissoncheek: and I am ultra impressed that you shopped for yourself and didn't rope in the help of a third party. :bow:

Pleased to report that birthday present was well received. Gentleman of the forum: A little effort goes a long way with the ladies. They can be as rewarding as owning an MV....... :whistle: