Wheel Chocks for Winching

Zero-Five-Two

I was at the AEC show at Newark last weekend with the old Militant, and a bloke was questioning me about the use of wheel chocks when winching, as the Militant has special hooks fitted onto the chassis rails for this purpose. (see Picture below)

winch 001.jpg

I don't have any such chocks at the moment, and thought it might be a nice addition to the wagon, for future shows. Making a set would be no problem, if only I knew what I was making. I have no idea of sizes, what they would have been made of, and so on.

I am assuming they are made of a fairly solid hard wood, but how would the hawser be attached?

Any information would be most welcome, thanks folks

I went to Crouch's today and picked up a set of skids/scotches and chains. The chains were brand new and still wrapped, complete with 1963 test certs. I have to say, what a nice and interesting man Dave Crouch is. He showed me around his incredible sheds full of the all sorts of MVs and his Matador collection collection. What a great bloke.

Many thanks for the replies, chaps, and the links. Never knew them steel cage things were called stillages. Met David Crouch a few years back when I first got my Militant, and was looking for parts. Damn nice bloke, who made time in his busy day to show me round as well. He was trying to sell me a Mk3 Militant at the same time, which may have had something to do with it.:D