German AA lorry

Gradez

Dear Readers,

the kind, helpful and supportive answers I recieved within literally no time encouraged me, to post another snapshot from the same source as the Opel picture, I posted yesterday.

This time it is the picture of a German AA (Anti Balloon?) gun mounted on a lorry, unknown to me. The crew appears to be in a bit of action, as someone seems to have spotted something in the skys.

please2.jpg

What fell into my eye is the rather unusual position of the German Imperial eagle, which seems to have been applied, where space was available. I tried to enlarge this part of the picture.

Adler.jpg

So, does anybody recognize the type of the lorry?

Kind regards

Gradez

Edited by Gradez
reworked picture

Hi, this is the standard pattern Krupp-Daimler anti-aircraft lorry.

The interesting thing about this one is that it is four wheel drive. It is carrying a 7.7cm K-Flak anti-aircraft gun. The GVW was about 8,000kg.

Powered by a 4 cylinder 60/80bhp. engine, it had a four speed gearbox and hi/lo range transfer-case. It was also produced by Ehrhardt (Model E V/4) and seated up to 10 crew.

Regards Rick.

Hi, this is the standard pattern Krupp-Daimler anti-aircraft lorry.

This photo supports that identification (assuming that the caption is correct).

Every detail matches, except this one doesn't have a spare wheel fitted to the side. If you look closely, it even appears to have the same eagle insignia on the scuttle.

image.jpg

Although not relevant to the identification of the AA lorry, here's a shot of a balloon that has fallen victim to one:

image.jpg

Edited by mtskull

Thanks again to all of you,

and especially to you, mtskull, for rummaging through your archives. I can make out the eagle in the same postion, on the picture, you posted.

So, as a little courtasy, and as we are well into WW 1 balloon warfare now, from the same source (even if it is not a MV, and we are not in the Aviation section):

Ballon.jpg

Caption on the rear just says: "Ballon der X.E.D.", which means "Balloon of 10th (GE) Ersatz-Division (Reserve Division)".

Kind regards

Gradez