after vehicle pics for WW2 7th armoured

ColinR

I hope someone can help, after pics of vehicles in use by 7th armoured during WW2, primarilly of the Queens Royal Regiment Battalions, but anything on a Jeep, Chevrolet C8 and BSA M20.

Perhaps a silly question, but have you looked at the IWM on-line archives ?

http://www.iwmcollections.org.uk/qryPhotoImg.asp

They probably have lots more as well. I visited to look at BEF era motorcycle stuff and there are lots of images that I have never seen published.

The resoloution from those old glass plate negs is phenomenal as well (The web copies are very poor).

Rich.

I have just looked at the IWM website, and there are only a few of the very many photographs they have in the library. I suggest you take a day (at least) to visit the photo library (Book a few days in advance), and look through all the books they have.

I found the website useful for noting which of the various series I needed to look through. There are far too many albums to look at in one day and the index cards are not really directed at vehicle researchers.

Make sure your credit card limit is OK as well :-)

I had a look at the online and its a difficult one to get through, I will have to try and get along to the IWM to get hands on but I was hoping to get some info sooner specially from the Queens Regt archives and museum but to no avail.