A Day in Flanders

We'll have to see you there one of these days. Maybe there should be a HMVF tour next year. The logistics may be a bit of a nightmare - but I can certainly make an itinerary. I would need to rope in my main team chaps from Essex - but it isn't impossible. I'd even consider camping in the summer. Early thoughts! Watch out for more battlefield snaps in due course....

We'll have to see you there one of these days. Maybe there should be a HMVF tour next year. The logistics may be a bit of a nightmare - but I can certainly make an itinerary. I would need to rope in my main team chaps from Essex - but it isn't impossible. I'd even consider camping in the summer. Early thoughts! Watch out for more battlefield snaps in due course....

Sounds good to me.

I remember about thirty years ago taking my oldest boy who is grown up with a child of his own to see the Menin Gate and reading the memorials to the Unaccounted For. Every country which was in the Empire at that time is represented. One that has allways stayed with me is Malaysian Bicycle regiment. A very sobering thought to consider those poor men, perhaps some of whom had never seen such conditions before and transported to a foreign land to just dissapear and to have no known grave. Truly the other side of the hobby we all enjoy. If we do have an expedition next year to go there then please count me in.

John.