Hello from gloucestershire

NIGELCOXY

Yes.

I would avoid getting a fancy coil just use the original. One member on here did buy one of these & asked me for some advice. It turned out that the coil had rather low resistance when he made contact there was meant to have been a special ballast resistor used with it. So it can all get unnecessarily expensive & complicated when it doesn't need to be.

He does suggest opening the plug gap now you have more voltage. Do not do this to RSN13P as the electrode can break off & is not intended to be adjusted. You can adjust RSN12Y of course but I ran into unreliability problems when I did this.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

I would avoid getting a fancy coil just use the original. One member on here did buy one of these & asked me for some advice. It turned out that the coil had rather low resistance when he made contact there was meant to have been a special ballast resistor used with it. So it can all get unnecessarily expensive & complicated when it doesn't need to be.

He does suggest opening the plug gap now you have more voltage. Do not do this to RSN13P as the electrode can break off & is not intended to be adjusted. You can adjust RSN12Y of course but I ran into unreliability problems when I did this.

Thanks Clive,i really appreciate all your help.

Nigel.

• 1 year later...