Scammell Pioneer SV/2S value

John Comber

Question please, I have been asked by a good friend to value a Pioneer, this has been very well restored some years ago and is complete and running ( drive it away ) , barn stored, used once a year or so, this is in civi guise not military but not cut about at all. Would the civi paint job devalue it ? How would you Pioneer men reading this value one like this ?

If it still as all its original details, I would say that the civilian livery would not devalueate it, they do also have a following among people collecting civilian lorries.

It is of course hard to give a price with out seing it, but I would say around 10,000£ maybe more.

Question please, I have been asked by a good friend to value a Pioneer, this has been very well restored some years ago and is complete and running ( drive it away ) , barn stored, used once a year or so, this is in civi guise not military but not cut about at all. Would the civi paint job devalue it ? How would you Pioneer men reading this value one like this ?

Hi John , I'm guessing she's a recovery , I would say in mint military condition with complete CES and as new tyres etc. £15,000 may be achieved if there's a wealthy collector in the market but in my humble opinion civi guise may lower the price someone would pay unless they had a nostalgic link to the company ! I would guess maybe £10,000 would be the top money for a really nice civi one ! Also any spares package included could bump up the price ! Best wishes Andy :D

Which civvy one is it? The highest price paid for a pioneer in recent years was for a civvy one. Around £10k for a good one is the right ball park. If it has all the recovery kit and in particular the tracks you can head towards £15k. All depends how quickly the owner wants to get rid of it.

Ed