Painting the engine block

bowie

Thanks Demon,

we were looking for heat proof paints, but we would prefer to use our standard olive drap if possible. We were inspired by your photo's noting that your garage looks much like ours does (even down to the position of the axle stands!)

thanks, Bowie

Demon

our Jeep is ITM 0017939, but our French Log Book gives A Chasis Number MB 365678. Thats about all we know.

The engine is WOF (6v) with a number plate, the tub is Hotchkis everything else if Ford or Willys.

I will post-up some picture when I can work out html!

John B

[/img]

Demon

our Jeep is ITM 0017939, but our French Log Book gives A Chasis Number MB 365678. Thats about all we know.

The engine is WOF (6v) with a number plate, the tub is Hotchkis everything else if Ford or Willys.

I will post-up some picture when I can work out html!

John B

[/img]

Hi John going by your ITM chassis number it looks like your jeep was rebuilt in 1950 and given it's new chassis number ITM0017939.

Do you have a MALT number aswell?

malt1.gifmalt2.jpg

If you have this plate you'll be able to date it's rebuild.

My 43MB was rebuilt in 1956 and issued an ITM number then rebuilt again in 1968 and a MALT(31568) plate was welded on. Unfortunatley by MB lost it's orginal number. I've dated my chassis from the changes that occured during production.

Try Andy Carters jeep site it's full of info on the rebuild factories http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Jeep_man/PAGE5.HTM

Does the French document give the Army registration number?

Normally 7 digits *** ****.

Mine was 285 0385 this will give you more information about your jeep, i.e. when it was rebuilt what part of the army it served with etc.

Hi Mark I spray everything you get a better coverage and finish. I use Tony Sudd's MAT 1 and MIX 1 paint.... the MAT 1 is very flat and rough to touch and ages very quickly, the MIX 1 gives a more satin finish a little easier to keep clean.