S3 lightweight carburetter

guykay

Having repaired rear chassis member, outriggers, brake master cylinder and various bits of body work my attention now turns to the carburetter. The vehicle has never run particularly well on the existing the zenith carb fitted despite a rebuild, and I have bought an SU HS6 off a well known auction site as I have read that the 2 1/4 petrol engine runs well on it. Can anyone tell me the correct needle & jet size for this application. Also where might I get hold of an adaptor?

I was at goodwood revival last weekend & the SU manufacturers were there. They gave me a brochure with every application under the sun apart from the one I wanted. Apparently the mod for the series land rovers was never an official one, hence it's not in the book.

The book however is fantastic (apart from not having what I wanted) it has all the part numbers & rebuild kits for seemingly every SU ever built. Definitely worth having - especially as it was free

so if I can get the part numbers required I can rebuild the HS6 carb and away we go!!

Hi, I remember the conversation you had about this with my brother on the SU stand, as you can imagine we don't carry all the information we have to the shows we attend. I will pick his brains about this again for you, and see if we have any of the few adapters we had made left.

Give me a few days as I have quite a lot of tidying up to do, if you remember the amount of stuff we had spread all over the stand. It took four days to put up, two days to take down, have just finished emptying the vans this afternoon.

If anyone else would like one of our free catalogues please PM me your address.