British WOT WOA register

woa2

As an owner of a Ford WOT2 and a WOA2, I was thinking of starting a register of owners of Ford WOTs, WOAs and other Wartime British Ford V8 vehicles, and publish a newsletter. I would only do this via Email, and would not charge provided other owners sent in articles adverts and news for me to publish. Would anyone be interested? I was going to distribute leaflets at Beltring to get interest.

I am only interested in doing this by Email, and will not send anything by post.

Would anybody be interested?

I know of 4 WOA2 Utility cars, several WOT2 trucks, and some WOT1 vehicles. There are also some WOT6 and 8 trucks about. As spares and information is scant on these vehicles, I thought it was time for us to get together to help each other. Anybody think this is a good idea? Are there any other British Ford V8 vehicle owners out there? I am just trying to get people's feelings before going ahead and starting the register.

Robert Davey

Make a start right away on the register. Set up a simple website and you will start to get registrations fairly quickly. See if you can get linked from other sites such as MVT etc.

I started up a site a couple of years ago and now have over 200 vehicles on the register.

Gentlemen

From your positive reponses, I will progress with a British Ford V8 register, and will be in touch with those interested when I have something sorted out.

As for the MVT comment, I was the Editor of Windscreen for over 7 years, so Yes, I will be contacting them.

Robert Davey