Pumps wanted!!!

Hair Bear

They're looking at 16/17th or bank holiday weekend but what the logistics of getting big pumps onsite without resorting to landing craft, pontoons or Stollies I don't know although there is a public slipway direct off the road within 100yds or so of the boat.

They're looking at 16th but what the logistics of getting big pumps onsite without resorting to landing craft, pontoons or Stollies I don't know although there is a public slipway direct off the road wiithin 100yds or so of the boat.

Edited to confirm date.

The owner has been very careful not to respond to queries about it's insurance status and doesn't seem too keen to pay for any equipment hire. I wish him luck in the recovery, but something doesn't quite add up.

Cheers,

Terry

He seems to think that it was a slow leak, that he was a little too slow in pumping out. From reading the other thread, it appears that the plan is to build a flotation screen out of plastic sheeting and then pump it out, which should work if the sheeting is installed adequately and the pump of suitable capacity.

I wish him luck with the recovery and would think that a green goddess or two would be perfect, if he could source them.

Cheers,

Terry