Garwood winch information

Question to those in the know please, i recently bought a Garwood winch to graft onto the rear of a Scammell project i have in mind to undertake, but in review of the winch and comparing with that on the Diamond T 981 this is a larger unit, the code on the cover makes reference to 12Y4524, equally the operating handles are longer than on the 'T' . SO whats this beast come off then???

IMG_3469.jpg

IMG_3468.jpg

The number you quote is only a casting number for the winch brake. the only time i have seen a model number on any Garwood winches i have had it was on winch that i will bet the same as yours. it was on a brass plate riveted to the top of the of the worm wheel housing. Alas i cant remember the number nor did i ever know for sure what it came of but it was suggested it had been on a brockway bridging truck. It was classed as a 35,000 lbs the 980 DT was 25,000 lbs

Many thanks Richard and cosrec, your link Richard was interesting I never knew the drum on the 981 was larger 500 ft of cable is impressive !

It needs a little more cuddling , diesel/ heat and patience to free of the levers then all will work as it should, I'll keep an eye out for a plate on the worm housing in due course.