Hi Everyone.

Well this is my very first message upon what initially looks to be a very interesting and professional site, I am looking very much forward to "Joining In" as much as I can. Here now follows a brief overview of myself, hopefully I will not bore you! I am 60yrs of age, I am very fit and train at the gym every other day. I am an ex member of the Army, I have served in the Royal Signals (B.A.O.R) and then decided upon a change of direction and took up the challenge with the R.C.T. I hold a current class 1 licence and have been trained to drive numerous vehicles in my time within the Army. As a section Commander Corporal I initially was an outrider on motorcycles (latterly Armstrong 500cc), other vehicles have been, Landrovers (all types), Bedford RL, Bedford TM, CL, MK, Foden MMLC, Leyland DAF (drops with trailer) Scammell Crusader, ERF, and others. I am currently retired and have quite a bit of time on my hands. I have an appreciation for ALL vehicles classed as heritage they fascinate me. My attraction to this site is that I may come across like minded persons who may be able to utilise my heavy haulage skills, I would love to be part of a team or group who have the likes of Antar's or Fodens or similar who could use someone to help with preparation and display of such vehicles at events around the Country. Well that's me, I hope it has not come across too lengthy and hopefully has engaged you rather than turned off!

Many thanks and looking forward to meeting up in due course. Sincerely Adrian

Welcome in Adrian, very nice intro. I am sure you will be useful to several on here, it would be nice to know what part of the country you are in for those that may need you. Thanks Steve

Dear Adrian,

Welcome along, judging by your Army number I would guess a late 1970s entrant into service with Her Majesty.

Please share your experience and especially photos of vehicles and people in service, we all can not get enough of those.

As I said, welcome.

Robin

Welcome in Adrian, very nice intro. I am sure you will be useful to several on here, it would be nice to know what part of the country you are in for those that may need you. Thanks Steve

Hi Steve, thanks for the warm welcome! I live close to Warrington/Liverpool/Manchester areas, I do have transport of my own which is helpful. Regards Adrian

Hi Steve, thanks for the warm welcome! I live close to Warrington/Liverpool/Manchester areas, I do have transport of my own which is helpful. Regards Adrian

Thanks Adrian, I am sure there are some heavies up there.:cheesy:

Dear Adrian,

Welcome along, judging by your Army number I would guess a late 1970s entrant into service with Her Majesty.

Please share your experience and especially photos of vehicles and people in service, we all can not get enough of those.

As I said, welcome.

Robin

Hi Robin, thanks for your interest. My army career commenced 1971. I will look to source out a few photo's for inclusion upon the site but like most things of yesteryear I did not think to take many photo's as it was a job and did not give much thought as to the future interest. To whet your appetite into humour "In The Field" I remember helping the REME who had an old 6 wheel Scammell Explorer with some paint from the Suez on show still, we hooked up a Rigid bar to an old Commer (bullnose type) 4 wheeler (34BH07) and as the command was given for the Scammell to pull away for all it was worth it delighted everyone around to see the front bumper and wiring of the Commer going down the road behind the Rigid bar. The Commer driver still had the handbrake applied!!! Regards Adrian

Edited by 24255436

Welcome Adrian. The green sickness never goes does it?

Hi Tony, your quite correct ha! Years of driving RL left hookers with no heater in the winter and having the front screen open and getting flies in your face in the summer because it was boiling hot, ah the good old days!! When the Fodens arrived it was like driving a Rolls Royce!! Regards Adrian

Hi Tony, your quite correct ha! Years of driving RL left hookers with no heater in the winter and having the front screen open and getting flies in your face in the summer because it was boiling hot, ah the good old days!! When the Fodens arrived it was like driving a Rolls Royce!! Regards Adrian

We were young and stupid then! :D

We were young and stupid then! :D

Ha! very much so (well at least I was on both counts) Used to tie a T key with don ten and suspend it from cab roof in a way so that it hung down and kept banging by the vehicle movement against the engine cover inside the cab, it would help to keep me awake when driving through the night if had no co driver! Imagine that practice today!!! Limiter on the RL's was 100KPH = 60MPH, it would accelerate up to the 60 and then governor would cut in and drop speed back to 50 and then it would accelerate again what a job and what a racket! Robust vehicle though, go anywhere in 4WD but saying that I bogged one down to its axles in mud on exercise once!

hi everyone

i am new here i have just bought a snowcat and saw some people talking about them and as i am desperately looking for some wheels for my one i thought i would join here

thanks for letting me join

i collect

WWII items

V1 and V2 items including some big lumps :-)

film props from sic-fi film and TV

yours

jason