Normandy GMC 352/353/DUKW Meet 70 Trucks ?

Plans are afoot to try to get 70 GMC,s together in a few weeks time in Normandy.

It is proposed to meet on Omaha Beach at 10.00 Hrs Thursday 5 th June when the tide is lowest. If there is a problem with getting on the beach, the beach road is wide enough and long enough to accommodate a lot of trucks...

It is generally considered there will be that sort of number of Trucks in Normandy from all nations by then and that on the 5th of June it won,t be heaving on Omaha at that time.

Comments and suggestions gratefully received before this is firmed up. and a show of hands appreciated. Ed Abbott and Clive Stevens.

So just the three of us then.......are you in contact with any of the "French/Dutch....etc". I think they will have the most GMC's over there.

Yes , it seems like us 3 Brits to date...I have contacted Rob van Meel, purveyer of "Groucho" technical reprints in Holland to pass it on to Dutch and Belgian MVT GMC owners... but I will print some flyers to hand out in France from the 1st Onwards. Rex Ward will inform any GMC owners at the MVT camp at Etreham..as they arrive..

Seems the Dodge owners are getting together at Point du Huc on the 4th,,,

I am taking my Manifold off this afternoon as there is a blow between the inlet and exh. bit and has been for a few months . but will only get worse...I am also taking my Gas tank off to change the gauge float which seems to be made of carbon /coal/ plastic which seems to leave debris in the tank which blocks the fuel line every 200 miles !!!..

Ed Abbott

…..I am also taking my Gas tank off to change the gauge float which seems to be made of carbon /coal/ plastic which seems to leave debris in the tank which blocks the fuel line every 200 miles !!!..

Ed Abbott

Ed - the float degradation might be due to the former owner running on a dodgy supply of AVGAS…...:whistle:

Tony

Ed - the float degradation might be due to the former owner running on a dodgy supply of AVGAS…...:whistle:

Tony

Tony who knows, all I know is that the float produces fine dust/granules when it bangs against the bottom of the tank at low fuel level which contributes to clogging the fuel pipe up between the tank and filter...the float looks likes an over barbequed sausage... Ed

Yes , it seems like us 3 Brits to date...I have contacted Rob van Meel, purveyer of "Groucho" technical reprints in Holland to pass it on to Dutch and Belgian MVT GMC owners... but I will print some flyers to hand out in France from the 1st Onwards. Rex Ward will inform any GMC owners at the MVT camp at Etreham..as they arrive..

Seems the Dodge owners are getting together at Point du Huc on the 4th,,,

I am taking my Manifold off this afternoon as there is a blow between the inlet and exh. bit and has been for a few months . but will only get worse...I am also taking my Gas tank off to change the gauge float which seems to be made of carbon /coal/ plastic which seems to leave debris in the tank which blocks the fuel line every 200 miles !!!..

Ed Abbott

Do you have the contact details of the "Keep Them Rolling" group from Holland, they have some mighty fine trucks.

As I recall they often stay at a camp site in Couselles Sur Mer (right on Juno beach).

Do you have the contact details of the "Keep Them Rolling" group from Holland, they have some mighty fine trucks.

As I recall they often stay at a camp site in Couselles Sur Mer (right on Juno beach).

Thanks for that...We have directed details on to them via a 3rd party. but we will hand out flyers to all the campsites from the 1st June.

there are 15 known trucks now going... Ed Abbott

• 2 weeks later...