Firepower (Royal Artillery Museum) to leave Woolwich/London

The land warfare hall at Duxford is dreadful as it's so dark; I made my son laugh and a few others present when I said it was just as well I could identify tanks by touch as I couldn't see them. If and when they rebuild the land warfare hall could someone on here with some contacts or direct links to the IWM suggest that they study the French Tank Museum at Saumur, which has plenty of light coming in through the roof, which allows photography without a flash. Saumur is an old tobacco factory and didn't cost £40m like the redevelopment of the IWM in Lambeth. Firepower has a wonderful collection of guns and it would be a shame if got dispersed or sold off.

Land Warfare Hall Duxford had a new skinning on the roof a short while back with a projected lifespan of twenty years or more, the American Air Museum is scheduled for a re-work in the not too distant future so rebuilding LWH to accommodate someone else’s exhibits is I would suggest is unlikely to get funding. The level of lighting in the current LWH is for atmosphere a feature of the design enjoy what you have