US Dollar now at $2.01.....

Jack

Chaps, not sure if everyone follows the exchange rate but we do.......if you want to buy something from the USA now is the time to do it!

The US Dollar now at $2.01..... :schocked: it looks like it is set to raise, maybe one or two cents.

Yep, you can bet US Ebay will be getting hit hard from this side of the pond over the next few weeks :-)

Sadly I've had big problems finding US parts dealers prepared to export stuff (not just MV parts either). I don't know if it's just 'cos they can't be bothered with the extra paperwork or whether there are legal export restrictions. I've wanted to buy lots of MUTT stuff because I could have bought things at much less than their Pound price, but no can do. I'd have to find a US citizen prepared to act as an intermediary but it seems to me that would come under the heading of 'knowingly being an accessory to illegal export' but apparently they'll turn a blind eye to it. Go figure :tongue:

Werent there new rules and restrictions in the US a while back about the import and export of military vehicles, I dont think its legal over there any more, I could be wrong tho :coffee:

It is illegal for suppliers to supply out of the country military items :cry:

It is illegal for suppliers to supply out of the country military items :cry:

I thought that rule only applied to parts for current vehicles though? Plus there are a few dealers who will export, such as Memphis Equipment co. Perhaps they are selling 'vehicle' parts rather than 'MV' parts?