Bedford RL

Billruston

Seen a few times, a RL pulling a 20ft coms box/living box, I haven't yet looked on my Rl but cant

recall seeing anywhere to connect the trailer air lines/ brakes.

another quick question anyone on hear able to tell me the age by the chassis tag etc?, thanks bill.

Seen a few times, a RL pulling a 20ft coms box/living box, I haven't yet looked on my Rl but cant

recall seeing anywhere to connect the trailer air lines/ brakes.

another quick question anyone on hear able to tell me the age by the chassis tag etc?, thanks bill.

Hi Bill,

As your new RL is not a military version, it may not be equipped with the normal WD towing gear. Also, have you checked to see if it has air brakes or vacuum brakes? To me it looks an early model despite the registration and may be from the 1950's.

regards, Richard

Quite a number of AFS vehicles were bought and built but not registered until needed. As a C reg, it's the same registration letter as my ex-AFS petrol carrier, but mine has the later 'chromed' front end and grille, and a slightly different engine, whereas yours is little different to the GPs which were registered in the 50s along with the main green goddess fleet. As such, they all have normal vacuum assisted hydraulic brakes, so you would find towing a living van with air brakes slightly difficult!

Duncan.

If I remember properly she ain't air takes.... Great!

if she is a earlier model I would love to try and find out properly as it would make her mot exempt, oh well I supose not being able to connect living trailer

up gives me the excuse to buy a militant ;).