ferret bevel box problems in oregon usa

goldfishventures

hello all... i've purchased a ferret from the same collector that i bought my humbler pig and bedford pig from... ferret reg. no. 04cc09.... the bad part is the ferret nose was badly damaged in a shop fire... during repair work i noticed that the front left bevel box is busted internally... i fear the short axle in the chalace? is broken.... have removed the bevel box,and loosened the large spaner ring to the outside as well as all fastners etc. of the joint... remember this is a burn so all seals are wiped out as well as the broken axle.... how do you remove the ball from the housing????? i thought the spanner ring would do it but i was wrong.... i would greatly appricate all input from british ferret owners on how to take it apart, what to watch for , lash and tollerances for reassembly as well as a possible source for seals and my busted short axle.... thank-you all for your attention in this matter.... p.s. i've noticed that between us and uk we give different names for components point out proper names for things i may have miscalled...p.p.s i have no manuels at all. which would be most helpful for involved mechanical repairs? james hickey albany oregon usa...... ferret, bedford pig, humber flying pig

Hi James,

Most of the manuals are on Andy's website for you to download:

http://www.ferret-fv701.co.uk/

Those that aren't - can be found at : http://www.greenmachinesurplus.com/daimler-ferret-all-marks-138-c.asp

Diana

hello all... i've purchased a ferret from the same collector that i bought my humbler pig and bedford pig from... ferret reg. no. 04cc09.... the bad part is the ferret nose was badly damaged in a shop fire... during repair work i noticed that the front left bevel box is busted internally... i fear the short axle in the chalace? is broken.... have removed the bevel box,and loosened the large spaner ring to the outside as well as all fastners etc. of the joint... remember this is a burn so all seals are wiped out as well as the broken axle.... how do you remove the ball from the housing????? i thought the spanner ring would do it but i was wrong.... i would greatly appricate all input from british ferret owners on how to take it apart, what to watch for , lash and tollerances for reassembly as well as a possible source for seals and my busted short axle.... thank-you all for your attention in this matter.... p.s. i've noticed that between us and uk we give different names for components point out proper names for things i may have miscalled...p.p.s i have no manuels at all. which would be most helpful for involved mechanical repairs? james hickey albany oregon usa...... ferret, bedford pig, humber flying pig

I'm up to my eyeballs in the restoration of a Mk.1/2 (00EA85). Had all four of my bevel boxes gone through by a local shop. Installed new seals & boots. I purchased all of my manuals from these guys: http://www.khakicorpsimports.com/ They're in the USA. I can't remember where I purchased my seals from (it's been a good while) but wouldn't be suprised if it was Pat Eagan of khaki Corps imports. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Matt