Where did my Land Rover serve?

ReddingsRover

I know what my vehicle is and date into/out of service, but all searches I have done on it's military reg come up blank. It's a 1986 Land Rover 90 and it's military reg was 61 KF 92 but although the Logistics corp should have a record for it, they don't. I found a few docs's of Navy/RAF/ARmy military listings (see below)

www.mafva.net/other%20pages/VRNARMY.doc

www.mafva.net/other%20pages/VRNRAF[1].doc

www.mafva.net/other%20pages/VRNNAVY.doc

but mine is not listed. The vehicle appears genuine and very low mileage, it has all the correct spec (according to the VIN plate) though it does mysteriously have FFR aerial holes behind the nearside door although it's not listed as FFR. I have a letter dating into (02/06/1986) and out of service (March 2012). I just want to know where it was during service. I originally suspected from the good condition and low mileage (22k on an original coloured engine) that it had been in reserve or on a base somewhere but someone else suggested it may be a TA vehicle. How do I verify that - does anyone know where do I go from here?...

61KF92.jpg

Rob,

You need to get the Merlin report, you can do this by submitting a freedom of information request. There should be threads on here with the address.

Chris

Here's the one I have just done for my FV1611A.

I guess the key is to tell them as much as you know already?????

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ex_military_vehicle_history_2/new

Best of luck.

I am not holding my breath, but you never know :rolleyes:

I guess the key is to tell them as much as you know already?????

Yes & that will probably be more information than you will get from a MERLIN report, judging by the latest

report I got on my Pig.

As a default it seems all Humbers were issued on 1 Jan 1954, must have been a busy day at the vehicle depots.

The next bit of history was 1989 when it went to Ludgershall & its disposal in 1991