Is this thing on...?

Hello all, well I've finally got around to actually registering and stuff after an age skirting around the periphery and just reading the forum etc.

I've a long standing interest in military matters (mainly WW1, WW2 and the Korean War) which started with really just being into the hardware but which then matured into the whys and wherefores of it all.

At the moment I don't own anything military with wheels or tracks, my space available is taken up with 2 Ferguson tractors (a 1947 TE20 Continental and a 1949 TED20 for those interested in ploughshares as well as swords!:-D) I do have serious hankering for a Jeep or Series 1 Land Rover though, it's only money after all...

Alan.

Thanks for the welcome!:D

The Nuffield 10/60 is a lovely beast, large and powerful for its time, and has that beautiful smooth BMC diesel as well.

There are a few ex-military Ferguson TE20s about, although due to the Fergusons lightness, not really suitable for heavy haulage unlike the more often seen David Browns and tracked RAF Roadless Fordsons, the FAA also had a few Fordsons with Brockhouse torque converter transmissions too.

Alan.