Ex Navy Land Rover

pyramidls

Hello,

I've just bought a 1965 ex Royal Navy Land Rover Series 2A. I would like to try and trace its history. I know that theres not much information around on the internet. I sent off for a heritage certificate from Gaydon, which stated that it was dispatched to Naval depot, Minworth. I have discovered that this was an armament depot.

Does anyone have any information about ex Navy Land Rovers or know how I could find its history? If you need to know anything else, then let me know.

Thanks

Neil

some of the 419b history cards did survive for royal navy vehicles they were held at Beverley along with the Army ones

no one was interested in giving a home in the navy so they should be still at the RLC MUSEUM DEEPCUT there were only about 2 /3 hundred of these navy cards

Thanks for your replies.

It does have some military specification eg vertical front sidelights and indicators, warner and nato socket on back and heavy duty rear springs.

Forgot to say that its a 109 and was "Royal Blue "according to factory records. It was later painted a lighter blue and more recently olive green by a previous owner. It was first registered with the dvla in 1972.

I am going to contact the Royal Naval museum in Portsmouth, but in not very optimistic.

I will try deepcut, anythings worth a try.