CVR(W) Fox fuel selector tap

robin craig

Dear All.

We are trying to find two things in the following order:-

1 What is the part number for the part shown below, this is the tap that selects the fuel supply down under the floor plates inside the Fox

2 who has a spare one?

Both myself and Richard Bannister have looked in our parts books and neither of us can find a part number.

Using a loupe I have carefully examined the tap and have found engraved markings as follows:-

"ASSY 8096006 C 1SSD" and "S.N.F.R.T.R104/S"

I have shared these numbers with Richard and they don't jive with anything he has.

I have attached a photo of the offending item with a toy for a scale reference.

Any help gratefully received

Robin

Fox Fuel Tap.jpg

Hi Robin, As luck would have it the fuel tap is not shown on a diagram in the parts list as you know however there is an entry on page C8 which refers to item 19 ; Valve , plug, non-lubricated FV 774062, part no LV6MT1/4820-99-821-5329 which is described as a Fuel Tap. This could be the culprit as there is no sign of anything else answering the description.

Unfortunately I don't have a spare and the only possible supplier I can think of would be Bannister who I think advertise on MILWEB. On the other hand I could sell you a complete Fox which would save you the effort!

cheers

Doug

Dear Doug,

Thank you for your detective work, thank you indeed.

I will go and compare notes with Richard Bannister and see what we can come up with.

How much do you want for your Fox fuel tap with the rest of the vehicle still bolted to it? What shape is it in?

R

Edited by robin craig

For the eagle eyed you will have spotted the damaged threads on the left side.

Does anyone have one of these not attached to a vehicle for sale? Bannisters do not have one.

What about a suggested repair for the thread? I am thinking take the whole thing apart and silver solder on a new threaded piece if I can match he thread and pitch.

Any suggestions?

R

For the eagle eyed you will have spotted the damaged threads on the left side.

Does anyone have one of these not attached to a vehicle for sale? Bannisters do not have one.

What about a suggested repair for the thread? I am thinking take the whole thing apart and silver solder on a new threaded piece if I can match he thread and pitch.

Any suggestions?

R

You could try Clive Pemberton, he had all my Fox spares off me a while back & there was a take off tap in that lot..

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/member.php?855-Clve-Pemberton

Dear Lee and Andy

I have pm'd Mr Pemberton lets see if he opens it. No email to send one to.

Andy, I will have to check.

In the meantime, if we can not scare one up then this is my intended repair.

Forgive the kitchen table drawings, but they work for me.

Step 1 shows the existing stripped thread

Step 2 shows the remains of the thread removed, likely by a file, nice and slow and accurate.

Step 3 sees a pipe fitting such as the one in the other picture placed over the old piece and cross drilled and pinned and then silver soldered in place. The cross pin is to give the shear strength in rotation and the silver solder for sealing and strength also.

Does anyone have any comments on this?

R

brass pipe fitting.jpg

Fuel Tap Repair.jpg