M7 Priest in British service- field mods?

On P.49 of Terence Wise's book "D-Day to Berlin" there is a photo of 2 Priests of 33rd Field Artillery regt. in Normandy. Both vehicles have a large and crudely welded cradle of some sort below the 105 mm howitzer. I've not seen any other pictures of this in any other reference work. Can anyone tell me whether this was a local field modification? It has been suggested that it was part of the deep wading equipment but to me it looks too heavy and crude. I'm not sure whether this will come under the artillery or tracked vehicles forum so if it's in the wrong one can you re-direct it please.

Thanks for your reply. I've seen photos of M7s fully kitted out in their wading gear and the cradle/support below the gun is not part of it as far as I can tell. The cradle is vwery heavy duty compared with the wading gear and the welding is rather crude compared with anything else. It looks more like a gun travelling cradle although the M7 was equipped with a travelling lock in the fighting compartment just behind the breech.