Introduction

Hi fellow collectors,enthousiasts,

My name is Adrian van Zantvoort, 55 years young and living in Eindhoven in the S.E. part of The Netherlands. I researching wartime aircraft crashes especially Bomber Command. Further I have a collection of RAF flying clothing and equipment, navigational items etc.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1

• 9 years later...

Adrian,

My name is Nanning Duinker and my parents immigrated from the Netherlands to Canada in 1953 when I was a toddler. I married in 1978 to Ellen Trainor, daughter of Squadron Leader Hugh Charles (Charlie) Trainor, DSO, DFC and bar. My mother-in-law, Imelda, wife to Charlie, is now 98. She recently uncovered a hand written letter from you dated 28 February 2005 in which you ask for information concerning Charlie's crash of 19 September 1945 near Eindhoven. Charlie died in 2004 and we think your letter was simply "filed", to be answered at a later date. In you letter, you provided an email and telephone number, both of which we tried but with no luck. Ellen has placed a post on the Whitebean website with similar information as above.  Feel free to email me so we can connect.

Should you wish to read the article in the Globe and Main newspaper on 02 August 2004 of Charlie's passing you will find information regarding his career in the RCAF during WWII and thereafter.

Thank you en tot ziens,

Nanning