British Army Jeep body colours?

Thumpercross85

While replacing the tyres on our combat rims pre Xmas, I was surprised to find a layer of gloss royal blue amongst the various drab and bronze green layers of paint. On reflection it occurred to me that I had seen the same colour combinations on the dash of an unrestored British Jeep that appeared at the Chalke Valley History Festival back in the summer, and I would be fascinated to know what campaigns / regions / duties these various colours might have related to, as we have no service history for our vehicle. It was with the British Army till 1957 so there was plenty of opportunity for "recycling" no doubt...any info much appreciated....

IMG_3139b.jpg

When I was stationed in Munster/Germany 1976/77 we went to Switzerland on adventure training and we had to paint the Bedford MK and 2 land rovers Royal Blue otherwise we would not have been allowed entry to Switzerland with the vehicles, with it being a neutral country and we were not allowed to take any military uniform items. It was a lovely month and we stayed in a Swiss Army Maintenance chalet just outside St Moritz. That’s where I was introduced to Hellbrau, left the whole body aching next day if you drank too much.