Getting it wrong!

johnwardle

While I am laid up with Flu I was looking on ebay for WW1 items and found item No. 309734408334 which is a badge commemorating 100 years since the start of WW1. Why does it show a figure in 1937 pattern battledress? For such an important anniversary a little bit of research shouldn't be that difficult.

On a different subject, I collect Zippo lighters with a military theme, on the Zippo.com (U.S.) website in the 'heroes' section there is a design which is officially licensed by the product department of the U.S. Air Force, and sports the U.S. Air Force logo. I was rather surprised at the aircraft featured on the design, 2 Spitfires in the air and a Lancaster on the ground, now I know that Spitfires were used by the U.S., but the Lancaster shown has no mid upper turret and large cutaway underneath suggesting a 617 squadron plane, am I missing something or was the dambusters raid done by the U.S. Air Force?