Need help to identify a Taktical / Unit Marking on a Bren Scout Carrier

Feldwebel

Third Troop A Squadron.

(Triangle is the A Squadron symbol.)

The vehicle might be the troop leader's vehicle, since the rest of the troop might have alphabetical suffixes to indicate the hierarchy, e.g. A = Troop Sergeant, B = Troop Corporal, C = Troop Second Corporal (quite possibly a lance corporal but these are actually appointments not ranks even though they might look like ranks).

But it might not be the Troop Leader's vehicle because they didn't always suffix them. And if they did, and Troopy's vehicle breaks down and he boots Troop Second Corporal to tell him to walk, he's now bearing a tac sign that allows people to think he is a minion, not a leader. the route to chaos.

Of course for Squadron/Troop, it is possible to read Company/Platoon, Battery/Troop etc.

Hope this helps.

Hi Stefan

Great shot, it is a Scout MK1L. Also interesting is the reg number, I'm restoring Scout carrier RMY 683. It's a shame the one in your photo isn't a little clearer.

Would you have anymore shots of Brens or Scouts? Mine is the only known surviving Scout and information is very thin on the ground, period shots can sometimes shed light on missing information.

Ben

This was just after it was painted, it's started to go back together now but I don't have a more recent picture. The original reg number was still there under the paint, I Carefully rubbed back the paint and decided to keep the reg number as original, just a protective layer of lacquer over the top.

Ben

image.jpg