CVR(T) mPODt

andym

• 1 month later...
This looks like a 1970s solution to a non-existent problem, built using 1960s technology.

At a time when we're phasing out our CVRT fleet due to it's prehistoric design and materials, and rapidly reducing resistance to the typical IED threat, I can't see who's likely to buy this.

Well quite possibly nobody will want to buy it, and I notice from the blurb that the design team are looking for a manufacturing partner, so I get the impression this is still very much in the idea phase. I can well imagine for some countries this could be an ingenious and cost saving concept, common automotive platforms and so on.

Given the number of years (decades) a CVRT replacement has been in the offing, I wouldn't write this idea off just yet, even if it does use old tech..! I think it could probably work quite well as a multi purpose load carrier, but i can see all kinds of problems with this as a fighting/ recce vehicle..

Cheers

Timbo

Well quite possibly nobody will want to buy it, and I notice from the blurb that the design team are looking for a manufacturing partner, so I get the impression this is still very much in the idea phase. I can well imagine for some countries this could be an ingenious and cost saving concept, common automotive platforms and so on.

Given the number of years (decades) a CVRT replacement has been in the offing, I wouldn't write this idea off just yet, even if it does use old tech..! I think it could probably work quite well as a multi purpose load carrier, but i can see all kinds of problems with this as a fighting/ recce vehicle..

Cheers

Timbo

I worked in the Canadian Defense industry, Armour, and we re-purposed many of our older M-113 FOV hulls. One type was this concept, with the hull lengthend 3 feet, and then a new bulkhead a few feet behind the drivers station, then a flat floor for multi use. Could be Hiab equipped, and / or have a RWS installed (C-6 GMPG). It had two large pull out drawers in the rear as tool bins. Nice new power pack with hydrostaic steering ! , Two finger driving, very nice change :-)

Cheers

Nick

CWC Canada